- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy mother always served this on her "zakuski" (a Russian hors d'oueveres or buffet)table. My family especially loves it on the side with mashed potatoes and cutlets. It really is tasty.
- 2 large bunches of scallions (green onions, spring onion)
- 1 scant tsp. salt (I use coarse salt), or to taste
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Chop the scallions and place in a medium size bowl.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over scallions.
- Mix in 1/2 cup sour cream (more or less, depending on the size of your scallion bunches).
- Refrigerate until serving time.