- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 (2 for us)
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz dried spaghetti (we like angel hair)
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil (EVOO in this house)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 TBS capers, drained and rinsed, plus a few caperberries (optional)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (i always overdo this quantity)
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (again, breaking the rules, I use dried)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add a good pinch of salt, then the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to the timings on the package.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, gently heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the capers, caperberries if using, olives, and lemon juice and cook for a further 30 seconds. When the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the warm pan. Add the caper mixture and parsley and toss well to coat. Add freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan shavings, if using, and serve.
NotesThis recipe is from Easy Vegetarian and is easily one of my favorite quick and easy recipes. Wow, I said 'easy' three times in that sentence. Anyway, you really can't beat pasta with capers and olives. SO delicious. Warms the belly. Add a glass (er...bottle) of Italian red, and it's guaranteed to be a great evening.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More