- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4 (2 for us)
- Preparation Time:
- 12 oz dried spaghetti
- 1/3 cup virgin olive oil (I use EVOO)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 TBS capers, drained and rinsed, plus a few caperberries (optional)
- 12 kalamata olives, pitted and chopped (I add extra olives and capers)
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley (I skip this)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- shavings of fresh Parmesan cheese, to serve (optional)
- Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add a good pinch of salt, then the pasta, and cook until al dente, according to the timings on the package.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, gently heat the oil in a small saucepan. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the capers, caperberries if using, olives, and lemon juice and cook for a further 30 seconds. When the pasta is cooked, drain and return it to the warm pan. Add the caper mixture and parsley and toss well to coat. Add freshly ground black pepper and Parmesan shavings, if using, and serve.