- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound ground beef (95% lean)
- 2 cups diced yellow potatoes (1/2-inch dice)
- 1 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup manzanilla pimiento-stuffed olives, cut in half
- 1-1/4 teaspoons adobo seasoning with pepper, divided
- 1-1/4 teaspoons smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces (1/3 less fat) cream cheese, softened
- 4 whole wheat tortillas (8-inch diameter), warmed
- 1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, breaking beef up into small crumbles; drain.
- 2. Add diced potatoes, 1/2 cup roasted peppers, onion, olives, 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning and 1 teaspoon smoked paprika. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in tomato sauce. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, covered, 15 to 20 minutes or until potatoes are cooked through, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, place cream cheese, remaining roasted peppers, adobo seasoning and smoked paprika in bowl of food processor. Process until smooth.
- 4. Spread each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons roasted red pepper sauce. Top with 1-1/4 cups beef-potato mixture; fold tortilla over filling. Serve with remaining red pepper sauce.
- Nutrition information per serving: 451 calories; 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat; 4 g monounsaturated fat); 91mg cholesterol; 1,024 mg sodium; 43 g carbohydrate; 5.4 g fiber; 34 g protein; 7.0 mg niacin; 0.6 mg vitamin B6; 2.5 mcg vitamin B12; 4.0 mg iron; 19.3 mcg selenium; 6.4 mg zinc; 88.8 mg choline.
- This recipe is an excellent source of fiber, protein, niacin, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12, zinc, iron, and selenium; and a good source of choline.
- © Cattlemen’s Beef Board and American National CattleWomen, Inc.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Amsterdam Friends Cookbook
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Vegan Eats!See More
Holey Moley Dark Mexican Chocolate Dulce De Leche Brownies
Sweet, Salty, Frito CandySee More