- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup 10x
- 1 cup unsalted butter @ room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tb. sugar (white or demera 'sugar-in-the-raw')
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 10x.
- In mixer bowl beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until light.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated (dough will be stiff).
- Gently press dough into 9" round pan, then use a fork or toothpick & prick 'vents' around entire dough surface.
- Sprinkle sugar over.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until light golden.
- Cut into wedges while still warm, but cool on rack prior to breaking apart.
NotesI've no clue where this recipe originated. Recipe is happy to be doubled. It's a simple shortbread that's perfect as-is or can be dipped / drizzled / striped / dressed-up to suit your fancy.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink Recipes
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More