- Cooking Time: 30 to 35
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup 10x
- 1 cup unsalted butter @ room temp
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 Tb. sugar (white or demera 'sugar-in-the-raw')
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and 10x.
- In mixer bowl beat butter, sugar, and vanilla until light.
- Add dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated (dough will be stiff).
- Gently press dough into 9" round pan, then use a fork or toothpick & prick 'vents' around entire dough surface.
- Sprinkle sugar over.
- Bake 30-35 minutes until light golden.
- Cut into wedges while still warm, but cool on rack prior to breaking apart.
NotesI've no clue where this recipe originated. Recipe is happy to be doubled. It's a simple shortbread that's perfect as-is or can be dipped / drizzled / striped / dressed-up to suit your fancy.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More