- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Leg of lamb
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cut regular 1cm wide, 0.5cm deep incisions in to a leg of roasting lamb. Stuff incisions with slices of garlic and sprigs of fresh rosemary. (If you don't have fresh rosemary, rub the leg with a mix of olive oil and dried rosemary flakes).
- Place in a roasting rack on a wire roasting tray.
- Pour a cup of chicken stock over the meat, cover (aluminium foil or with a roasting pan lid).
- Bake at 180' for 1 - 1.5 hours or to taste (this will vary depending on the size of the leg of lamb).
- Allow to rest, still covered, for 5 mins before carving.
- By covering the meat and adding some chicken stock you're guaranteed the lamb won't dry out but rather will be lovely and tender.
- Note: The chicken stock and drippings make for fantastic gravy. Pull out any stray clumps of meat, rosemary etc. Mix in a few tablespoons of cornflour to dry the drippings and stir over a low heat (adding some water if needed) until a gravy forms. Strain and serve.