- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Leg of lamb
- Garlic cloves
- Fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Cut regular 1cm wide, 0.5cm deep incisions in to a leg of roasting lamb. Stuff incisions with slices of garlic and sprigs of fresh rosemary. (If you don't have fresh rosemary, rub the leg with a mix of olive oil and dried rosemary flakes).
- Place in a roasting rack on a wire roasting tray.
- Pour a cup of chicken stock over the meat, cover (aluminium foil or with a roasting pan lid).
- Bake at 180' for 1 - 1.5 hours or to taste (this will vary depending on the size of the leg of lamb).
- Allow to rest, still covered, for 5 mins before carving.
- By covering the meat and adding some chicken stock you're guaranteed the lamb won't dry out but rather will be lovely and tender.
- Note: The chicken stock and drippings make for fantastic gravy. Pull out any stray clumps of meat, rosemary etc. Mix in a few tablespoons of cornflour to dry the drippings and stir over a low heat (adding some water if needed) until a gravy forms. Strain and serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Taste of CenturyLink
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More