- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1-2 slices wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse breadcrumbs measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons ketchup and remaining ingredients except cooking spray.
- Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread remaining 6 tablespoons ketchup over top of meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160'F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut the loaf into 12 slices.
NotesI got this from Cooking Light and changed a few tiny things. Easy, simple, yum. I used wheat bread and then added prepared bread crumbs to get to 1 1/2 cups.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Cake Mix Banana Nut Bread
EZ Salami Rolls
Asparagus FrittataSee More