- Cooking Time: 60
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI got this from Cooking Light and changed a few tiny things. Easy, simple, yum. I used wheat bread and then added prepared bread crumbs to get to 1 1/2 cups.
- 1-2 slices wheat bread
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large egg
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350'F.
- Place bread in a food processor; pulse 10 times or until coarse breadcrumbs measure 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine breadcrumbs and milk in a large bowl; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 tablespoons ketchup and remaining ingredients except cooking spray.
- Shape meat mixture into a 9 x 5-inch loaf on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Spread remaining 6 tablespoons ketchup over top of meat loaf.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a thermometer registers 160'F. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut the loaf into 12 slices.