- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 2 lb loaf
- Preparation Time:
- For the Dough
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 C non-fat milk
- 3/4 C warm water
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- For the Filling
- 3-4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1. Put egg, milk, and water into bread machine pan.
- 2. Add butter, sugar, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and yeast.
- 3. Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- 4. Remove dough at end of cycle and roll into approx. a 10x12 rectangle.
- 5. Spread softened butter on surface of dough to the edges. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 6. Starting with short side, roll tightly. Pinch and fold down ends.
- 7. Place in bread pan. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for about an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- 8. Preheat oven to 350.
- 9. Once dough has risen, bake for 35 minutes.
- 10. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes to allow filling to set.
The filling makes it taste like cinnamon roll bread, tasting great alone or toasted. The added nutmeg and cinnamon to the dough gives the bread an added hint of spiciness. :)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More