- Cooking Time: 35
- Servings: 2 lb loaf
- Preparation Time:
The filling makes it taste like cinnamon roll bread, tasting great alone or toasted. The added nutmeg and cinnamon to the dough gives the bread an added hint of spiciness. :)
- For the Dough
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/4 C non-fat milk
- 3/4 C warm water
- 1/4 C butter, softened
- 1/3 C sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 C all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
- For the Filling
- 3-4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1/3 C brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1. Put egg, milk, and water into bread machine pan.
- 2. Add butter, sugar, flour, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and yeast.
- 3. Set bread machine to dough cycle.
- 4. Remove dough at end of cycle and roll into approx. a 10x12 rectangle.
- 5. Spread softened butter on surface of dough to the edges. Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- 6. Starting with short side, roll tightly. Pinch and fold down ends.
- 7. Place in bread pan. Cover and let rise in a warm spot for about an hour or until dough has doubled in size.
- 8. Preheat oven to 350.
- 9. Once dough has risen, bake for 35 minutes.
- 10. Remove from oven and let cool in pan for at least 10 minutes to allow filling to set.