- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
Backstorylast night we had sour cream chicken enchiladas.... using rotisserie chicken. AMAZING and very easy. DH couldn't stop raving about it.
Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
(my modifcations follow)
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 (8in) flour tortillas, softened
- 1 cup grated monterey jack or mexican cheese blend- divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
- In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400Ã‚Â° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
- My modifications
- - I used a cooked rotisserie chicken and removed the meat... then heated it in a pan with oil and chopped onions and garlic, added cumin.... then continue with the rest of the recipe.