- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 8 (8in) flour tortillas, softened
- 1 cup grated monterey jack or mexican cheese blend- divided
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 (15oz) can chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (4oz) can diced green chilies
- In frypan, cook chicken and onion together in oil over medium-high heat until chicken is just done.
- Divide cooked chicken evenly between 8 tortillas; add 1 1/2 tablespoons cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll enchiladas and place seam-side down in 9x13" baking dish that has been lightly sprayed with no-stick cooking spray.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan; stir in flour to make a roux; stir and cook until bubbly; gradually whisk in chicken broth then bring to boiling, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and green chiles; pour sauce evenly over enchiladas.
- Top with remaining 3/4 cup cheese (baking dish may be double-wrapped and frozen at this point) and bake at 400Ã‚Â° for 20 minutes until cheese is melted and sauce near edges of baking dish is bubbly.
- My modifications
- - I used a cooked rotisserie chicken and removed the meat... then heated it in a pan with oil and chopped onions and garlic, added cumin.... then continue with the rest of the recipe.
Noteslast night we had sour cream chicken enchiladas.... using rotisserie chicken. AMAZING and very easy. DH couldn't stop raving about it.
Simply Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas
(my modifcations follow)
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
The Best Dang Little Dumplings Ever
Steamed Sweet Coconut Parcels
HERBED SALMONSee More