- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) boneless pork loin, trimmed
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place the preserves in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, and cook 10 minutes or until melted. Keep warm over low heat.
- Combine salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper; rub evenly over pork. Place pork on a rack coated with cooking spray; place rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes. Brush 1/4 cup preserves evenly over pork. Bake an additional 10 minutes. Brush remaining preserves evenly over pork. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until thermometer registers 155° (slightly pink). Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.
NotesThis makes an amazing roast...extremely flavorful and juicy. Recipe is from Cooking Light. I used the meat in making my beef egg roll wraps (as a substitute for the beef) and the arugula, pesto and red pepper sandwiches that I will post next. I froze most of it. Will most likely make some tex mex avocado wraps with it next.