- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1/4 cp EVOO
- 3 scallots finely chopped
- 1/2 TB crush red pepper
- 3 TB milk (nonfat is fine)
- 10 basil stems tied in a bundle
- 30 basil leaves
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked
- 1/2 mozz cheese grated
- 1/2 parm cheese grated
- Heat the oil and add the shallots. Saute until browned.
- Add basil stems, tomatoes,crushed red peper, and s & p tp flavor. Cook 7 minutes
- Add milk. Cook 2 minutes. removed from heat and discard the basil stems.
- Put pasta in large serving bowl. Add sauce and cheese. Mix. Serve with basil leaves as garnish.
NotesBased off of a Craig Claiborne recipe. Simple and so good with a glass of red.