- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb diced tomatoes fresh or canned
- 1/4 cp EVOO
- 3 scallots finely chopped
- 1/2 TB crush red pepper
- 3 TB milk (nonfat is fine)
- 10 basil stems tied in a bundle
- 30 basil leaves
- 1 lb fettuccine cooked
- 1/2 mozz cheese grated
- 1/2 parm cheese grated
- Heat the oil and add the shallots. Saute until browned.
- Add basil stems, tomatoes,crushed red peper, and s & p tp flavor. Cook 7 minutes
- Add milk. Cook 2 minutes. removed from heat and discard the basil stems.
- Put pasta in large serving bowl. Add sauce and cheese. Mix. Serve with basil leaves as garnish.
NotesBased off of a Craig Claiborne recipe. Simple and so good with a glass of red.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
Classic Chocolate Recipes
50 Shades of TasteSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More