- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 (18.25 ounce) Package Yellow Cake Mix
- 4 Eggs
- 1 (5.1 ounce) Package Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix - I use Cheesecake flavored though :)
- 3 Tablespoons Amaretto Liqueur
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1/2 Cup Amaretto Liqueur
- 1 1/4 Cups Sifted Confectioners' Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, instant pudding, water, oil, almond extract, and 3 tablespoons of the amaretto; blend together well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of cake comes out clean. Remove cake from oven and let cool but not completely. Poke holes in the surface (I used skewers and poked tons of holes) while its still barely warm. Drizzle with the Amaretto Glaze, insuring that some of the glaze fills the holes. Let the cake cool for at least 2 hours before removing from the pan.
- To make Amaretto Glaze: Sift the confectioners sugar, and combine it with the remaining 1/2 cup amaretto. Blend until smooth. You may add more amaretto as needed.
- I sprinkled top of cake after removing from pan with powdered sugar and made the same but thicker glaze for the top!
NotesOMG. I made this tonight and It AWESOME! I served it with Vanilla Ice Cream!
Backstory: I had some Amaretto left over from Amaretto Sours, that I need to use so I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com. I changed it to fit my needs because I NEVER go by a recipe. I always do things my own way!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More