- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Start with 2 1/2 cups Flour
- (Bread Flour is best, but All-Purpose will work)
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/2 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 pkg. Rapid Rise Yeast
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Put first 5 ingredients in food processor, mix well.
- Warm Buttermilk and Canola Oil in Pyrex 2 cup measuring cup in microwave for about 1 minute (it should be about 115 to 120 degrees when finished).
- Pour into running processor (with dough blade attached, not metal blade).
- Process until dough comes together into smooth ball, with minimal sticking to the bowl of the processor.
- If dough is too “sticky”, add more flour a Tbsp at a time while processing.
- Boil 1 1/2 cups of water in the same 2 cup pyrex measuring cup in the microwave, covered with a moist paper towel to prevent splash overs for several minutes. Adding a few peanuts or beans into the water will help prevent “exploding water“).
- Move the measuring cup with hot water to the back corner of the microwave to provide heat and moisture and make the microwave a “Proofing Oven“ for the dough.
- Oil the dough and put it in a Metal Bread Pan, and cover with Plastic Wrap. Set the dough into the microwave and let rise for at least 45 minutes.
- After this first rising, take out the dough and punch it down.
- Reboil the water in the measing cup for a few minutes, and let the dough rise the second time until it has doubled in size and is bulging slightly above the top of the bread pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Jean’s Recipe File
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More