- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Pork belly or Chuck roast beef - in stew chuncks
- 2-3 cups water
- small head of cabbage, chopped in chunks
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 handful of fresh green beans
- 2-3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 medium to large chopped onion
- 1 cube pork or beef buillion - prefer Knorr brand from asian market (about an 1'' long)
- garlic salt
- 1 pkg Knorr Tamarind powder
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, Rufino brand
- 1. Place meat in large pot or dutch oven and cover with water. Boil for 15-20 minutes.
- 2. Drain meat and rinse off any meat "film."
- 3. Place meat back in pot and cover with water.
- 4. Add garlic salt, tamarind powder, beef or pork buillion cube (to match meat used), garlic and onions.5. Let boil for 5-10 minutes. Add fish sauce and stir.
- 6. Add broccoil and green beans and let boil for 5 minutes.
- 7. Add cabbage on top, cover and take off heat.
- 8. Serve over hot steamed jasmine rice.
- ** You can substitute whatever greens you'd like for the cabbage, such as spinach, and even add other veggies like taro root or yucca.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
It's all about that protein
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook 2014See More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More