- Cooking Time: 70-75
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. melted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. salad oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. sirloin or London broil,
- cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 c. beef bouillon
- 3/4 c. red wine (or water)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Garlic to taste
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. beef bouillon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup,
- Salt to taste
- Almond rice (see recipe)
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 teaspoons butter; spoon into 3 quart casserole.
- Add remaining butter and oil to skillet. Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Spoon over mushrooms. Combine 3/4 cups bouillon, wine, soy sauce, garlic and onion. Add to skillet, scraping bottom.
- Blend cornstarch with 1/3 cup bouillon, stir into wine mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Pour over meat and mix.
- Cover and bake at 275 degrees F. for 1 hour. Add mushroom soup, stirring until smooth. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve over almond rice.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
Hot 'n Beefy Stuffed Pepper
Ginger Peach Upside Down CakeSee More