- Cooking Time: 70-75
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 lb. fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 c. melted butter, divided
- 1 tsp. salad oil
- 1 1/2 lbs. sirloin or London broil,
- cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 c. beef bouillon
- 3/4 c. red wine (or water)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- Garlic to taste
- 1/2 onion, grated
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/3 c. beef bouillon
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup,
- Salt to taste
- Almond rice (see recipe)
- Sauté mushrooms in 2 teaspoons butter; spoon into 3 quart casserole.
- Add remaining butter and oil to skillet. Add meat and brown on all sides.
- Spoon over mushrooms. Combine 3/4 cups bouillon, wine, soy sauce, garlic and onion. Add to skillet, scraping bottom.
- Blend cornstarch with 1/3 cup bouillon, stir into wine mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened. Pour over meat and mix.
- Cover and bake at 275 degrees F. for 1 hour. Add mushroom soup, stirring until smooth. Bake 10 to 15 minutes longer. Serve over almond rice.