- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- grated onion, to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water; drain and rinse in cold water, then set aside to dry a bit.
- In medium to large bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add macaroni to bowl, as well as vegetables and salt & pepper.
- Mix all components well and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- NOTE: I sometimes add 1/2 teasp. poultry seasoning or dill weed for added flavor.
NotesThis recipe is named after the nun that introduced me to macaroni salad. She had made it for a school outing when I was in grade school, and it's how I've made it ever since.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
50 Shades of Taste
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Smooth Tomato & Creamy Tofu Sauce