- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated on large holes of box grater
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- grated onion, to taste
- Cook macaroni in boiling salted water; drain and rinse in cold water, then set aside to dry a bit.
- In medium to large bowl, mix mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar.
- Add macaroni to bowl, as well as vegetables and salt & pepper.
- Mix all components well and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- NOTE: I sometimes add 1/2 teasp. poultry seasoning or dill weed for added flavor.
NotesThis recipe is named after the nun that introduced me to macaroni salad. She had made it for a school outing when I was in grade school, and it's how I've made it ever since.
Cooking for a Cure
Fueling a Firehouse
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More