- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large round loaf French bread
- 1 small jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 large tomatoes, sliced
- 3 oz thinly sliced salami
- 1/4 lb cheese slices, any kind
- 1/2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 2.5 oz can sliced ripe black olives, drained
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- Cut loaf of bread in half horizontally and hollow out the soft bread from both halves, leaving a shell about 3/4-inch thick.
- Reserve soft bread for another use.
- In small bowl, combine artichoke liquid with mayonnaise and spread onto bread shells.
- In bottom half, layer ingredients at least three times until mounded high, beginning and ending with tomatoes.
- Place top half of bread over mound of ingredients. Wrap entire loaf with plastic wrap.
- This must be assembled at least 2 hours before serving, but can be assembled up to 8 hours before serving.
- Before serving, place sandwich (wrapped in plastic) on a hard surface and SIT ON IT...I'm not joking!
- This smashes the ingredients together and makes it easy to serve, it's also what makes this sandwich so damn good - don't skip this, I'm warning you!
- Slice the loaf into wedges to serve.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
CustomFit Clean & Tasty
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Pandas' Favorite Pie by Kaylan & Finn Agarwal
Peggy's Hot Canapes
Panera Broccoli Cheese SoupSee More