- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryWhen the liquid is poured onto the rice, the absorption makes an interesting sound. Combine the two at the table, right before serving, to amuse your guests.
- 2 C uncooked long-grain rice
- 4-1/4 C water
- Oil for frying
- Directions: Preparation (the day before)
- The day before serving, divide rice and water between 2 large heavy-bottomed frying pans.
- Cook each, covered, for about 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Remove covers and continue to cook rice over very low heat until it sticks to the bottom of the pans and forms crust.
- Scoop out loose center rice and use for another purpose.
- Place pans over very low heat for 5 more minutes.
- Leave uncovered pans out overnight for rice to dry.
- Directions: Cooking (the day of)
- Heat oil to 350 degrees on deep-fat thermometer.
- Scrape and peel rice crusts out of fry pans in sections.
- Drop these into fat and fry until golden brown, almost 1 minute.
- Remove from fat and drain well on paper towels.
- Directions: Serving
- Heat soup in saucepan almost to boiling.
- Lay chunks of fried rice crust in each soup bowl. Bottom should be covered.
- Ladle soup into rice crust at the table.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Red Snapper Livornese
Beer Cheese in a Bread BowlSee More