- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 4 loaves
- Preparation Time:
- 3 3/4 cup warm water
- 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 6 Tablespoons of sugar
- 6 Tablespoons of margarine or butter
- 4 teaspoons of salt (this can be cut down, if you are on a low salt diet)
- 2 eggs
- 10 cups of flour, unsifted
- Disolve water and yeast, stirring until dissolved. Make sure the water is not too hot.
- Stir all ingredients until moist, put in a large plastic bowl or tub, with a lid, I use a large Fix and Mix Tupperware bowl, sealed and burped.
- Place in warm spot, wait 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 4 parts and place into 4 greased pans
- cover with towel and wait 30 minutes
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
- To make whole wheat bread, use 1/2 whole wheat flour with the white flour
- Use brown sugar in place of the sugar
NotesI have had this recipe for ages, I use to make it when I was not strong enough to knead the dough, the way it needed to be kneaded! I think it was in the early 1960s or even the late 1950s. It is still a good recipe and I do make it at times, it makes delicious dinner rolls.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More