- Cooking Time: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryMy son, Michael, made this for the family; can't remember where the recipe was copied from, but it's delicious.
- 1 beef flank steak (approx. 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, lightly packed
- 3 Tbsp. reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1 1/4 tsp. ground cumin
- Soak twelve 10 or 12-inch wooden skewers in enough water to cover for 10 minutes; drain.
- Place garlic in a blender container. Cover and process pulsing on and off until garlic is finely chopped. Add remaining marinade ingredients; process until mixture is blended.
- Trim fat from the beef steak. Cut steak diagonally across the grain into 1/4-inch thick strips. In a medium bowl, combine beef and marinade; toss to coat. Marinate 10 minutes.
- Thread an equal amount of beef, weaving back and forth, onto each skewer. Place beef on grid over medium-ash covered coals; grill, uncovered, 4 to 6 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning once. Season with salt and garnish as desired. This can also be done on a gas grill.