- Cooking Time:
- Servings: Serves 4
- Preparation Time:
- * 3 slices bacon
- * 1 pound extra-lean or lean ground beef
- * 1 medium onion, chopped
- * 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- * 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- * 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- * 1 cup water
- * 1/2 cup ketchup
- * 3/4 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- * 1 teaspoon chili powder
- * 2 teaspoons sugar
- * 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- * 1/2 teaspoon salt, or more, as needed
- * dash black pepper
- * shredded Mexican blend, Monterey Jack, or Cheddar cheese, for garnish, optional
- In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove to paper towels to drain.
- Leaving about 1 teaspoon of bacon grease in the pan, brown the ground beef, stirring and breaking up as it cooks. Add onion and green pepper and cook until onion is softened. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, water, ketchup, rice, chili powder, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and a dash of pepper. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook for about 30 minutes, or until rice is tender. Top with crumbled bacon and shredded cheese, if desired.
NotesThis easy skillet Spanish rice is a hearty dish for an everyday family meal. Serve this flavorful Spanish rice with biscuits and a tossed salad for a delicious dinner.
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
HalFire: A Passion for HotWings!
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Baked Avocado Brunch
Japanese Carrot Ginger Dressing
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage CasseroleSee More