- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 23 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans (I used kidney beans)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (I used ground cumin)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (I used ground black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium high heat; drain excess fat.
Stir in onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste and beans; season with chili powder, salt, hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistancy (at least one hour for best flavor).
Website Credit: http://www.allrecipes.com