- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 23 minutes
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans (I used kidney beans)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (I used ground cumin)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (I used ground black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium high heat; drain excess fat.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste and beans; season with chili powder, salt, hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistancy (at least one hour for best flavor).
NotesI found this chili recipe on 'Allrecipes', and it was submitted by Andrew Chinn. I pretty much followed the original recipe, except that I added a can of diced tomatoes (we like tomatoes in our chili), and instead of chili beans I used kidney beans; instead of seasoned salt, I substituted ground cumin; and instead of using cayenne pepper, I used ground black pepper (I was out of cayenne).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"
The Social Cookbook
Adventures in CookingSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More