- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4 to 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 23 minutes
BackstoryI found this chili recipe on 'Allrecipes', and it was submitted by Andrew Chinn. I pretty much followed the original recipe, except that I added a can of diced tomatoes (we like tomatoes in our chili), and instead of chili beans I used kidney beans; instead of seasoned salt, I substituted ground cumin; and instead of using cayenne pepper, I used ground black pepper (I was out of cayenne).
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 (16 oz.) can chili beans (I used kidney beans)
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 tsp. seasoning salt (I used ground cumin)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper (I used ground black pepper)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet; cook over medium high heat; drain excess fat.
- Stir in onion, green pepper, tomato sauce, tomato paste and beans; season with chili powder, salt, hot pepper sauce, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Cook over low heat, stirring occasionally until desired consistancy (at least one hour for best flavor).