- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cup broken up whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash Basil and Pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses.
- Mix in the egg.
- Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
- Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.
- Number of Servings: 6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Simple Homemade Favorites
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through CollegeSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More