- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1-1/4 cup water
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 2-1/2 cup broken up whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 cup fat free cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat free grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash Basil and Pepper (optional)
- 1 egg
- Shredded fat free mozzarella cheese for garnish
- In a large skillet, brown beef with onions and garlic.
- Add tomatoes, water, tomato sauce, parsley, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Stir in uncooked pasta.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Combine cottage and Parmesan cheeses.
- Mix in the egg.
- Sprinkle in basil and pepper to taste.
- Drop cheese mixture by rounded tablespoons onto pasta mixture.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella and serve.
- Number of Servings: 6
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Koken met Oma
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More