- Cooking Time: 30–31
- Servings: 4–6
- Preparation Time: 40
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced and pressed through garlic press—about 1 tbsp
- ⅛ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 lb Italian sausage, remove from casing
- 10 curly edged, lasagna noodles—broken into 2” lengths
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese—plus 2 additional tbsp
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- Pour tomatoes with their juices into 1-quart liquid measuring cup.
- Add water until mixture measures 1 quart.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt and cook until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and pepper flakes and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add sausage and cook, breaking apart meat, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Scatter pasta over sausage but do not stir.
- Pour diced tomatoes with juices and tomato sauce over pasta. Cover and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dot with heaping tablespoons ricotta cheese, cover, and let stand off heat for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with basil and remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese. Serve.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Delicious Fudgy Black Bean Brownies
Steamed vegetables saladSee More