- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 cups leftover or refrigerated mashed potatoes, warmed
- 1. In a large ovenproof skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in water and taco seasoning; heat through. Stir in 1 cup cheese.
- 2. Combine potatoes and remaining cheese; spread over beef. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesTurn your leftovers and a few pantry staples into warm comfort food in no time!
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Nick's PicksSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More