- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp lite mayo (not fat free, just light is good)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (or your favorite spicy or brown mustard, just not dijon or honey unfortunately)
- 1 c diced celery
- 2 diced green onions
- 2 slices 40 calorie bread
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and put on the bread and voila!
- The lite mayo is a great alternative to real, and the mustard gives a nice little zing. If you want more flavor since the celery is so mild, try paprika and garlic (fresh grated/minced or powdered).
- You can have the veggies as chunky or small as you like. The food processor is great to get them nice and small for you.
- 40 cal bread is usually found on the top shelf in the bread isle. I toast my pieces for this great little sandwich. I find that the 40 cal wheat doesn't taste much different than regular wheat, and you're gobbling up half the calories per slice.. How awesome is that?!
- And since there are no eggs, if you're looking for a little more fat (good fat that is) to give it some creaminess I recommend nice fresh avocado. Just half of one is more than enough mashed up in the rest of the salad.
- And even better, the vegetables give you more volume so this can be split up into a lunch and a mid-afternoon snack. :)
NotesI've been on a nutrition program for 7 months and it's low sodium, low fat at its core. This chicken salad is an absolute favorite of mine and I think it's a great option for those looking to cut calories from their day-to-day eating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Get Fit With Good Food!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!See More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More