- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 1
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 6 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 tbsp lite mayo (not fat free, just light is good)
- 1 tbsp yellow mustard (or your favorite spicy or brown mustard, just not dijon or honey unfortunately)
- 1 c diced celery
- 2 diced green onions
- 2 slices 40 calorie bread
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and put on the bread and voila!
- The lite mayo is a great alternative to real, and the mustard gives a nice little zing. If you want more flavor since the celery is so mild, try paprika and garlic (fresh grated/minced or powdered).
- You can have the veggies as chunky or small as you like. The food processor is great to get them nice and small for you.
- 40 cal bread is usually found on the top shelf in the bread isle. I toast my pieces for this great little sandwich. I find that the 40 cal wheat doesn't taste much different than regular wheat, and you're gobbling up half the calories per slice.. How awesome is that?!
- And since there are no eggs, if you're looking for a little more fat (good fat that is) to give it some creaminess I recommend nice fresh avocado. Just half of one is more than enough mashed up in the rest of the salad.
- And even better, the vegetables give you more volume so this can be split up into a lunch and a mid-afternoon snack. :)
NotesI've been on a nutrition program for 7 months and it's low sodium, low fat at its core. This chicken salad is an absolute favorite of mine and I think it's a great option for those looking to cut calories from their day-to-day eating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More