- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken Breasts- skinless, boneless
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cups organic salsa (I use Newman's Own and usually end up adding the entire jar)
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- 1. Put chicken (I always salt and pepper both sides first), beans, and salsa in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork.
- 2. Serve with spanish rice OR as a wrap- on a flour tortilla, spread on sour cream and cheese. Add the cooked chicken recipe and fold into a wrap. Spray both sides of wrap with cooking spray and press on warm pan/skillet until tortilla is crispy on the outside.
NotesA recipe inspired by the former skinnycrockpot.com. This one's really easy and inexpensive. The best part is it lasts for several meals so you can eat it with rice or as a wrap!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Paul's Food World Volume 1See More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More