- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 Chicken Breasts- skinless, boneless
- 1 can low sodium black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cups organic salsa (I use Newman's Own and usually end up adding the entire jar)
- Shredded Mexican cheese
- Flour Tortillas
- Sour Cream
- 1. Put chicken (I always salt and pepper both sides first), beans, and salsa in the crockpot and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours. Shred the chicken with a fork.
- 2. Serve with spanish rice OR as a wrap- on a flour tortilla, spread on sour cream and cheese. Add the cooked chicken recipe and fold into a wrap. Spray both sides of wrap with cooking spray and press on warm pan/skillet until tortilla is crispy on the outside.
NotesA recipe inspired by the former skinnycrockpot.com. This one's really easy and inexpensive. The best part is it lasts for several meals so you can eat it with rice or as a wrap!
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More