- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 large white rose potato (about ½ lb)
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Peel the potato, slice into thick rounds, and place in a pot with a quart of cold water. Add a generous pinch of salt to the water. Turn on the heat and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium high and boil gently for 10 to 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and just beginning to fall apart. Remove them from the water with a slotted spoon and put them in a mixer bowl. Beat the potato slices on medium speed until they are grainy. Add a pinch of salt and press the two cloves of garlic into the bowl. Continue to beat. Slowly add the olive oil, lemon juice, and vinegar. When they are incorporated, turn the speed to low and add the parsley. Remove the skorthalia to a bowl and line with pita wedges.
- This can also be made with a hand mixer or in a blender.
- If the raw garlic is too strong for you, you can substitute roasted garlic, which is much mellower.
- This is my take on a traditional Greek side dish / dip. It is often served with fish.
NotesThis is my take on a traditional Greek side dish / dip. It is often served with fish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More