- Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- Preparation Time: 1 hour
- 4 large cans of yams or sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 box of graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup of smashed praline pecans
- 1/2 bag of dried cranberries
- 1 bag of marshmallows
- 1 stick butter
- 4 tablespoons of butter (for crust)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of Haitian or Madagascar Vanilla
- 2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
- 4 star anise.
Melt 1 stick of butter & star anise in a saucepan over low heat.
Add praline pecans to a ziploc bag & smash pecans to crumble.
Once melted remove anise.
In a separate pan on medium heat mash yams with a potato masher pour in melted butter.
Add brown sugar, pecans, cranberries & vanilla stir until combined thoroughly. Add in cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice & nutmeg.
In a separate square utility pan pour in graham cracker crumbs, melt 4 tablespoons of butter in a microwave, then pour melted butter over crumbs mix with hands & pat down to form crust.
Transfer yam mixture to the graham cracker pan.
Bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees F.
Remove from the oven and lower the oven temperature to 325 degrees F.
Add marshmallows return to the oven.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes at 325 degrees F to melt the marshmallows on the top, watching carefully to keep from over-browning.