- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 45
BackstorySyns per serving:
Free on Original and Extra Easy
- add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra ‘b’ choice
4 Syns on Green
- add 6 Syns per serving if not using wholemeal roll as a Healthy Extra and a further 6 Syns if not using beef as Healthy Extra ‘b’ choices
- 5 spring onions
- 227g/8oz extra lean minced beef
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small red pepper
- 1 ripe tomato
- ½ tsp barbecue seasoning
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped chives
- 2 rashers back bacon, all visible fat removed
- Green salad leaves
- 2 x 57g/2oz wholemeal rolls
- 1. Finely slice the spring onions, place in a bowl with the beef, parsley and seasoning. Combine with your hands and shape into 2 burgers about 10cm/4in in diameter. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 2. Make the relish; deseed and chop the pepper, chop the tomato, mix with the barbecue seasoning and chives, cover and chill.
- 3. Place the burgers under a medium/hot grill for 6-7 minutes on each side until cooked through. Add the bacon for the last 5 minutes of cooking. Layer the salad leaves, bacon, burger and relish in the rolls and serve.