- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8-9
- Preparation Time:
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground sirloin or ground turkey
- 1 packages beef or pork hot dogs, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 9 soft burger rolls - like at the ballpark
- Heat the extra-virgin olive oil, a turn of the pan, in a deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and crumble as it browns. Add chopped hot dogs after 3 to 4 minutes then cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Add the onions to the pan and cook to soften, 5 to 6 minutes more. In a bowl mix the spices, sugar, Worcestershire and tomato sauce. Pour sauce over the meat and simmer a few minutes to combine flavors. Slop onto buns and serve.
NotesThis is a recipe from Rachael Ray.