- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 4-6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 lb. ground beef chuck
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. yellow prepared mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- In a medium size saucepan, combine ground beef, onion and pepper. Saute over medium heat until meat is cooked and crumbly. Drain fat and return mixture to pan.
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, mustard and water. Add to the meat mixture and cook over low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot on your favorite hamburger buns with plenty of napkins.
NotesNo frills, easy and quite tasty...homemade is best, wouldn't you say? Especially when you can control the ingredients! I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More