- Cooking Time: 20 - 30
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 lg sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 Tbsp vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp dry mustard
- 3/4 c ketchup
- 3/4 c tomato juice
- salt to taste
- Brown beef; drain off fat.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until soft.
- Stir in vinegar, sugar, dry mustard, salt, ketchup, and tomato juice.
- Simmer 20-30 minutes or until sauce is thick and dark in color.
- Serve on warm buns.
NotesThis always makes for a happy hubby at my house. The leftovers are good reheated the next day and it freezes well. The recipe is from the cookbook "Causing a Stir".
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Italian Sausage and Mushroom Ravioli
Chicken Tacos with Green Chili Adobo
Fish Cakes (Thai) with Herd & Peanut SaladSee More