- Cooking Time: 8
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryKellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds cereal adds a healthy dose of fiber to all-time favorite Sloppy Joes sandwiches.
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (15 oz.) tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup Kellogg's® All-Bran® Bran Buds® cereal
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce
- 8 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- Shredded cheddar cheese, sliced green onions and/or chopped fresh tomatoes (optional)
- 1. In large nonstick skillet cook turkey, onions and garlic over medium heat until turkey is no longer pink and onions are tender. Drain off any fat.
- 2. Stir in tomato sauce, KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN BRAN BUDS cereal, water, chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper sauce. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes or until of desired consistency, stirring frequently.
- 3. Spoon turkey mixture onto buns. Sprinkle with cheese, green onions or tomatoes (if desired).