- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup milk, scalded
- 2 cakes yeast, crumbled
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 7 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks, beaten well
- 1/2 pint dairy sour cream
- Additional egg yolk
- Nut filling:
- 2 cups ground nuts, packed
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- Poppyseed filling:
- 1 pound ground poppyseeds
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg, beaten
- Cool milk to lukewarm; add yeast and let stand until bubbly.
- Cut butter into flour as for pie dough.
- Add salt, sugar, egg yolks, sour cream, and yeast mixture.
- Mix with wooden spoon or hands until smooth and elastic.
- Refrigerate overnight in covered, greased bowl.
- Divide dough into six equal parts.
- Roll out on lightly floured board
- Spread three parts with nut filling, remaining three with poppyseed filling.
- Roll up like jelly rolls; place on greased baking sheets, seam side down.
- Cover and let rise 2 hours.
- Brush with additional egg yolk.
- Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes or until done.
- Nut filling: combines and mix all ingredients.
- Poppyseed filling: combine all ingredients; cook in double boiler 60-90 minutes stirring occasionally.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!See More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More