- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. extra lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 16 oz. can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1 cup fat free shredded Cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef and onions in a non-stick skillet.
- Combine all ingredients in slow cooker, except rice and cheese.
- Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
- Stir in rice; cover and cook until rice is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until cheese is melted.
- Nutrition Information:
- 239 cal., 2.5 g. fat, 4.5 g. fiber
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Austin Personal Training Recipes
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More