- Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 -16oz.cans pizza sauce with cheese
- 8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed (optional)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- additional "toppings" of your choice (ex: mushrooms, onions, peppers)
- tortilla chips, soft tortillas, or french bread
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain to remove fat.
- Combine beef, pizza sauce, and remaining ingredients including your choice of “toppings” except tortilla chips in a 2-3 quart slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 2-3 hours.
- (Optional: Top with a few dollops of ricotta cheese the last 30 minutes of cooking.)
- Serve with tortilla chips, soft tortillas or bread for dipping.
NotesThis is a favourite recipe of mine from Crock Pot Girl; pizza is great, but the toppings are where it's at and this recipe really allows for them to be enjoyed.
A quick and easy way to fill your pizza craving without having to order in.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Delicious Recipes Made Easy
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
culinary karmaSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More