- Cooking Time: 2-3 hours
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 -16oz.cans pizza sauce with cheese
- 8 oz. grated cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed (optional)
- 1 T. cornstarch
- additional "toppings" of your choice (ex: mushrooms, onions, peppers)
- tortilla chips, soft tortillas, or french bread
- Brown beef in a skillet and drain to remove fat.
- Combine beef, pizza sauce, and remaining ingredients including your choice of “toppings” except tortilla chips in a 2-3 quart slow cooker.
- Cover & Crock on LOW for 2-3 hours.
- (Optional: Top with a few dollops of ricotta cheese the last 30 minutes of cooking.)
- Serve with tortilla chips, soft tortillas or bread for dipping.
NotesThis is a favourite recipe of mine from Crock Pot Girl; pizza is great, but the toppings are where it's at and this recipe really allows for them to be enjoyed.
A quick and easy way to fill your pizza craving without having to order in.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More