- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 2 teaspoons dried sweet basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 dash red pepper flakes
- Heat oil in skillet; add onions,garlic, celery peppers and carrots.
- Saute on high until transparent.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Stir to blend together.
- Cook on low for 7 to 9 hours.
- About an hour before serving time, check and thin with water if necessary.
- I love a thick sauce.
- Last time I made this I have a large slow cooker; I added a 3rd can of chopped tomatoes.
- Set the Slow cooker on Low and let is cook overnight.
- Use your processor on the pulse mode to chop your vegetables.
- I always try to make it in the summer and add my fresh herbs by the handfull.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More