Slow Cook Chicken Mole
Why I Love This Recipe
Ingredients You'll Need
10-12 chicken thighs
1 (28 oz.) can whole, peeled tomatoes
4 cloves garlic, peeled and halved
2 dried ancho chiles, stemmed
1 large chipotle chile in adobo sauce
1 yellow onion, roughly chopped
1 ripe plaintain, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup raisins
1/3 cup Mexican chocolate, chopped
1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
kosher salt, to taste
1. Season chicken liberally with salt and place in a 5-6-quart slow cooker.
2. In batches if necessary, place tomatoes, onion, ancho and chipotle chiles, almonds, peanuts, sesame seeds, garlic, plaintain, raisins, chocolate, cinnamon, cumin, allspice, oregano and oil in a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth.
3. Pour mixture on top of chicken in slow cooker and add brown sugar. Stir together.
4. Cook on low for 8 hours (or on high for 4), or until chicken is tender.
5. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
6. Transfer chicken and sauce to serving plates, garnish with sesame seeds and serve with rice.
Questions, Comments & Reviews
More Great Recipes: Main Dish