- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 pounds bulk italian sausage OR pork sausage seasoned with italian seasoning
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 29oz can tomato sauce
- 1 12oz can tomato pase
- 2 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed dried leaf parsley
- Cook sausage, onions, bell pepper and garlic in skilled until sausage is no longer pink; drain
- 2. Spoon sausage mixture into 5qt crockpot.
- 3. Stir in remaining ingredients; cover and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours.
- ** for additional flavor, add a splash of red wine. if its too tart for your tastes, add sugar tp taste.
NotesIn my opinion, the best past sauce is one that cooks all day, allowing the flavors to meld. Here's a recipe perfect for a crockpot and can be used in your favorite italian recipes.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
50 Shades of Taste
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More