- Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 med onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 oz baby carrots with tops
- 1 bell pepper sliced lengthwise into norrow strips
- 1 small pkg frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
- 1 14oz can chicken broth
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnimon
- In 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine onion, carrots, bell pepper and snow peas.
- Add plums and broth.
- Top with chicken.
- In small bowl combine curry powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken, fruit and vegetables from slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
- Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving.
NotesA co-worker gave me this recipe. She found it on the Better Homes and Gardens recipe website. It's a great slow-cooker recipe for busy schedules.
The Italian Exchange
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More