- Cooking Time: 8-10 hours
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 min
- 1 med onion, coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 8 oz baby carrots with tops
- 1 bell pepper sliced lengthwise into norrow strips
- 1 small pkg frozen snow peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup pitted dried plums (prunes)
- 1 14oz can chicken broth
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnimon
- In 4 to 5 quart slow cooker, combine onion, carrots, bell pepper and snow peas.
- Add plums and broth.
- Top with chicken.
- In small bowl combine curry powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 8-10 hours or on high-heat setting for 4-5 hours.
- Remove chicken, fruit and vegetables from slow cooker with a slotted spoon.
- Spoon some of the cooking juices on each serving.
NotesA co-worker gave me this recipe. She found it on the Better Homes and Gardens recipe website. It's a great slow-cooker recipe for busy schedules.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More