- Cooking Time: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 6 medium-size crisp tart apples (Granny Smith or Braeburn), peeled if desired, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix apples and cinnamon to coat.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and toffee bits.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Serve apple crisp with ice cream.
NotesThe cinnamon-rich flavors of old-fashioned apple crisp meet the convenience of a slow cooker.
Tip: If you'd like the apple slices to retain their shape and have a slightly firm texture, use the low end of the cook time range.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Amsterdam Friends CookbookSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More