- Cooking Time: 4
- Preparation Time: 25
- 6 medium-size crisp tart apples (Granny Smith or Braeburn), peeled if desired, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices (about 6 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- Ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix apples and cinnamon to coat.
- Place in slow cooker.
- In medium bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, flour and butter with pastry blender or fork until crumbly.
- Stir in pecans and toffee bits.
- Sprinkle crumb mixture evenly over apples.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 to 6 hours. Serve apple crisp with ice cream.
NotesThe cinnamon-rich flavors of old-fashioned apple crisp meet the convenience of a slow cooker.
Tip: If you'd like the apple slices to retain their shape and have a slightly firm texture, use the low end of the cook time range.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More