- Cooking Time: 4-6 hours
- Servings: 6 - 8
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 6 - boneless skinless chicken breasts (frozen is OK, just add about 1 1/2 hours to cook time)
- 1 - 12oz bottle of Barbecue Sauce (I used a Mesquite, but any would work wonderful, especially Honey)
- 1 1/2 cup of Italian Salad Dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1. Place chicken breasts in slow cooker.
- 2. In a bowl, mix Barbecue Sauce, Italian Dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire Sauce. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 3 1/2 hours. (As stated above, for frozen cook 8 hours low and 4 1/2 hours on high)
- 4. For shredded just use a fork to easily separate chicken.
NotesSharing recipes with others is one of my main reasons for starting this site. So when someone comes to me eager to share a recipe that I "just have to try", it would be an understatement to say that I "just have to try it". A huge thanks to Alli and Wendy for this one. You guys were right. It was delicious.
I love to cook, but at the end of a busy day, sometimes it's wonderful to have supper ready in the slow cooker. This one was as easy as any to put together and full of flavor. It has everything I love - chicken, barbecue sauce, brown sugar. Just those items on a list and my brain says "I'm trying it". My picture shows how I plated it for a shredded chicken sandwich, which is how Allie and Wendy did it. But, this could very easily be used as a full chicken breast meal with veggies.