- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 8 new potatoes, cut into fourths (1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 bag (8 ounces) baby-cut carrot
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups v-8 juice
- 1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- Mix all ingredients except beef in 3 1/2-to 4-quart slow cooker. Add beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 8 to 9 hours or until vegetables and beef are tender. Stir well before serving.
NotesEarthy shiitake mushrooms, beef and veggies blend for an easy-to-make meal.
Note: This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
(Total time will vary with appliance and setting.)