- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 pound of beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add the corn and the peas.
- Cover the cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with bread (I prefer cornbread)
NotesIf you live somewhere where the nights get cold, make a pot of this stew and curl up with a loved one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Jean’s Recipe File
Disney's Tinker Bell "Secret of the Wings Cookbook"See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More