- Cooking Time: 8 hours
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 10 min
- 1 pound of beef stew meat
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (11-1/2 ounces) V8 juice
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of cold water
- 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into stew. Add the corn and the peas.
- Cover the cooker and cook on high for 30 minutes or until sauce has thickened.
- Serve with bread (I prefer cornbread)
NotesIf you live somewhere where the nights get cold, make a pot of this stew and curl up with a loved one.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Sailstad Family Cookbook
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More