Slow Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
* 8 3-oz. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
* 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 3 tablespoons olive oil
* 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) chicken broth
* 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
* 1 can (14 oz.) artichokes hearts, drained and cut into quarters
* 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
* 1/3 cup chopped onion
* 1 package (3 oz.) thinly sliced prosciutto
* 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento-stuffed green olives
* 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
* 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
* Hot cooked linguine
In a large resealable plastic bag combine the flour, salt, and red pepper. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet brown chicken in hot oil in batches. Transfer to a 5-quart slow cooker. Stir in the broth, undrained tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, onion, prosciutto, olives, garlic, oregano, and thyme. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 4 1/2 hours or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve with a slotted spoon over linguine.
Pairs Well With
could be spread over rice as well as pasta.
Sprinkle freshly grated parmesan on it.