SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHILI
- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 jar salsa (we use medium spiciness)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 red or green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 cans small white beans (canellini)
- 1 cup corn (frozed, canned or fresh)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Into the crockpot place all ingredients except beans and corn (chicken can still be frozen). Cook on low approximately 2-3 hours, until chicken is tender. Remove chicken from crockpot and shred using two forks. Return chicken to pot. Continue cooking another hour.
- Add drained beans - continue cooking on low for another 1-2 hours. Add corn - let heat through. Serve with warm tortillas or over rice or orzo with cheese and sour cream.
- I made up this recipe one day and it became one of our favorites - it is so easy, healthy and yummy. Adjust the flavors according to your taste - make it spicier, more cumin, add garlic or onion powder, etc. It's impossible to mess it up. Every time I make it I have to bring a container to my parents because they love it too.
- If there's leftovers, I will add more chicken broth and a small pasta (we like ditalini), and it becomes a Mexican Chicken Soup