- Cooking Time: 5 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI am not a big crock pot user, but I tried this recipe and would make it again. Surprisingly I would make it for company.
"Ultra creamy with cream cheese and cream soup, this crock pot dinner comes together quickly with the addition of chicken and Italian salad dressing mix."
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed*****
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (used reduced fat)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (used reduced fat)
- ***** I prefer chicken thighs instead of the breasts. I feel they don't dry out.
- 1. Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker (add mushrooms, leeks and wine now; mix together and cook on low for 5-6 hours. (I cooked this for only 4 hours and then proceeded)
- 2. Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
- Serve on noodles.
- Arlene's Notes-I made the following changes in this recipe.
- I used 2 TBSP of butter instead of margarine
- I added 1 can of sliced mushrooms to the initial chicken mixture.
- I added 1 sliced fresh leek since I had them.
- I added about ½ cup of white wine to the chicken mixture.
- I would think any cream soup would be just fine