- Cooking Time: 5 hrs 10 minutes
- Servings: 4 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed*****
- 1/8 cup margarine
- 1 (.7 ounce) package dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (used reduced fat)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup (used reduced fat)
- ***** I prefer chicken thighs instead of the breasts. I feel they don't dry out.
- 1. Put chicken, margarine and dressing mix in slow cooker (add mushrooms, leeks and wine now; mix together and cook on low for 5-6 hours. (I cooked this for only 4 hours and then proceeded)
- 2. Add cream cheese and soup, mix together and cook on high for another 1/2 hour or until heated through and warm.
- Serve on noodles.
- Arlene's Notes-I made the following changes in this recipe.
- I used 2 TBSP of butter instead of margarine
- I added 1 can of sliced mushrooms to the initial chicken mixture.
- I added 1 sliced fresh leek since I had them.
- I added about ½ cup of white wine to the chicken mixture.
- I would think any cream soup would be just fine
NotesI am not a big crock pot user, but I tried this recipe and would make it again. Surprisingly I would make it for company.
"Ultra creamy with cream cheese and cream soup, this crock pot dinner comes together quickly with the addition of chicken and Italian salad dressing mix."
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Simple Homemade FavoritesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More