- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThere's nothing like soup on a cold winter's day.
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package frozen corn -- (10 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
- Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
Gluten Free Baking With KitchenAid: 33 Bloggers Share GF Treats!
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More