- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package frozen corn -- (10 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
- Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
- Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
- Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.
NotesThere's nothing like soup on a cold winter's day.
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Hazelnut and Espresso Cookies
Southern Fried Pork Chops
Wine Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Braised Green CabbageSee More