SLOW-COOKER CHICKEN TORTILLA SOUP
- 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium chopped onion
- 1 (4 oz) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 oz) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 package frozen corn -- (10 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 7 corn tortillas
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Place chicken, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, onion, green chiles, and garlic into a slow cooker.
Pour in water and chicken broth, and season with cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper, and bay leaf.
Stir in corn and cilantro. Cover, and cook on Low setting for 6 to 8 hours or on High setting for 3 to 4 hours.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Lightly brush both sides of tortillas with oil.
Cut tortillas into strips, then spread on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven until crisp, about 10 to 15 minutes. To serve, sprinkle tortilla strips over soup.