- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Saute 2 medium diced onions and 2 minced cloves of garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter (olive oil is good too, mixture of olive oil and butter is the best) until golden brown and tender.
- Add 1 tbsp of Madras-style curry powder or to taste (I use much more - probably 2 to 3 tbsps). Stir constantly until it's fragrant and the onions are thoroughly coated (about 3 minutes).
- Put all of this in the slowcooker and add 3 15 ounce cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas, and 1 can (14 and 1/2 ounces) of chicken broth.
- About 10 minutes before serving add fresh lemon juice to taste. I do a lot and then cut slices of lemons which I place on top for beauty.:) Also add fancy salt to taste at this point.
- The recipe suggests you throw in an extra 2 tablespoons of butter at this point which I have never done, but sounds fab.
- SO easy and good. I serve over rice, but I think it'd also be good with pita bread. I usually serve it with a side of a steamed dark green like spinach or broccoli rabe or collards.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More