- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Saute 2 medium diced onions and 2 minced cloves of garlic in 2 tablespoons of butter (olive oil is good too, mixture of olive oil and butter is the best) until golden brown and tender.
- Add 1 tbsp of Madras-style curry powder or to taste (I use much more - probably 2 to 3 tbsps). Stir constantly until it's fragrant and the onions are thoroughly coated (about 3 minutes).
- Put all of this in the slowcooker and add 3 15 ounce cans of rinsed and drained chickpeas, and 1 can (14 and 1/2 ounces) of chicken broth.
- About 10 minutes before serving add fresh lemon juice to taste. I do a lot and then cut slices of lemons which I place on top for beauty.:) Also add fancy salt to taste at this point.
- The recipe suggests you throw in an extra 2 tablespoons of butter at this point which I have never done, but sounds fab.
- SO easy and good. I serve over rice, but I think it'd also be good with pita bread. I usually serve it with a side of a steamed dark green like spinach or broccoli rabe or collards.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More