- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryCorned Beef and Cabbage is a traditional St. Patrick’s Day meal and it’s actually very easy to make in a slow cooker.
- * 4 Cups water
- * 2 Tablespoons cider vinegar
- * 2 Tablespoons sugar
- * ½ Teaspoon ground pepper
- * 1 Large onion, diced
- * One 3 pound corned beef with spices
- * 8 Small potatoes, quartered
- * 1 Head of cabbage, cut into wedges
- * 2-4 Medium-sized carrots
- In a six quart slow cooker combine the water, vinegar, sugar, pepper and onions. Place the corned beef in the center. Add potatoes to the top. Cook on high for four hours.
- Add the cabbage to the top of the mixture and recover and cook another three to four hours on high.
- Check to see if beef is tender if it is remove the beef and slice and serve it with cabbage and potatoes and a little of the fluid poured on top.
- If you’d like to add some more vegetables to the meal drop in a cup of each carrots, turnips and brussel sprouts to the mixture when you add the cabbage and check to see if another cup of water is necessary.
- Most people like a little mustard, horseradish and bread on the side to give it a little zip and to soak up the juices.